SQL Server DBA
Manifest Solutions is currently seeking a Senior MS SQL Server DBA for a position in Worthington, Ohio. In this role you will provide technical expertise in the use of database technology. (This position is a 3 month right to hire.)
Key Responsibilities / Duties
- Accountable for the overall performance of the enterprise’s database environment.
- Monitor and analyze performance metrics and allocates database resources to achieve optimum database performance.
- Performance tuning in both TSQL and through monitoring environmental profile.
- Support multiple servers and multiple databases of medium to high complexity (complexity defined by database size, technology used, and system feeds and interfaces) with multiple concurrent users, ensuring control, integrity and accessibility of the data.
- Provide technical coaching on more complex issues.
- Design, architect, and build databases from determining business requirements to planning and deploying test and production systems.
- Perform operational DBA duties. These will include: installation, database upgrades, patching, environment cloning, implementing backup/recovery and monitoring procedures, capacity planning, and site failover/switchover.
- Meet with clients, network, hardware and system operations teams to resolve problems with application/database systems.
- Maintain expertise in MS SQL Server DBMS, logical and physical database design best practices.
- Manage monitoring / capacity management processes to ensure appropriate scale of growth.
- Manage and resolve technical issues related to the implementation of MS SQL Server (software releases, patch management, tools, and capacity planning, backup and recovery strategies),.
- Provide database technical guidance / training and hands on database administration supporting the application development teams throughout the lifecycle of assigned projects.
- Provide feedback to the design of logical and physical data models and the application code to ensure optimal performance of the system as applicable.
Skills & Qualifications
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or related field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience administering large-enterprise SQL Server 2016+ database environments.
- Strong understanding of relational database architecture concepts.
- Design and develop databases, data movement, data replication, views, stored procedures, SSIS and SSRS solutions.
- SQL “Always On” experience is HIGHLY PREFERRED
- Experience administering SQL Servers in a virtual environment.
- Hands on experience building and administering SQL Server 2016.
- Prior experience supporting Microsoft. NET applications is a plus.
- Expertise in SSIS, SSRS, and SQL clustering.
- Knowledge of Window server platforms (2012, and 2016).
- Knowledge of system and network monitoring tools (Solarwinds) a must.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
- Earn up to 120 hours (15 days) of Paid Time off each year
- Medical/dental/vision insurance including domestic partner benefits
- 401(k); we match up to 4%
- On-site amenities include fitness facility, pool table, serenity room
- We offer a casual dress environment
- Free beverages, snacks and ALWAYS fresh-popped popcorn
Applicants only, no third parties or agencies please.