Director of E-commerce Operations
Manifest Solutions is currently seeking a Director of E-Commerce Operations for a position in Columbus, OH. This position will lead the E-commerce department in all daily operations, insure all industry trends and best practices related to E-commerce/online shopping are maintained, and be responsible for the E-commerce initiatives needed to effectively support broad merchandising, marketing and branding strategies.
Scope of Responsibilities
Strategy, Performance, and Cross-Functional Management
- Work with Merchandising, Marketing, Sales and Information Technology Departments to develop and execute strategies for E-commerce to support and help grow all company sales channels.
- Work with senior management to develop the budget and manage the P&L or all E-commerce operations.
- Staff, train, develop and manage the company’s E-commerce organization.
- Source, maintain and manage the outside E-commerce consultants and service providers.
- Determine and insure best practices and emerging technologies to drive profitable growth.
- Provide ongoing evaluation of the strategy and effectiveness of E-commerce programs, as well as communication of policies and procedures.
Website and Technical Product Management
- Work with Merchandising, Marketing, Sales, Distribution, Inventory, Accounting and Information Technology Departments to insure the effective integration of all related E-commerce systems and operations needed for support including website platforms, order management and fulfillment, customer service support, payment methods, and marketing.
- Manage the technical E-commerce roadmap and related systems projects.
- Evaluate and determine E-commerce optimization and/or potential opportunities via competitor, customer, search and purchasing activity analysis and testing techniques.
- Define agreed upon E-commerce business requirements, partner with IT and/or third party developers as necessary, prioritize maintenance and enhancements and determine and execute testing strategies.
Products and Merchandising
- Present products on-line as defined by the Merchandise Department.
- Merchandise products on line using E-commerce best practices and methods.
Brand and Content
- Partner with Marketing to maintain brand design and appropriate quality of the E-commerce website, emails, and other electronic marketing assets.
- Partner with Merchandising and Marketing to define and maintain overall product brand standards and presentations.
Customer Service & Fulfillment
- Work closely with Sales and Customer Service to promote and insure the execution of personalized, trusted customer advice and assistance.
- Work closely with Sales and Customer Service to promote and insure the execution of fast, superior customer fulfillment.
- Ensure usability and accessibility standards are met and provide guidelines for improved User Experience across all devices.
- Responsible for partnering with relevant departments to monitor and ensure compliance for website from a legal, regulatory, tax, and accounting perspectives.
- Extensive knowledge of current E-commerce technologies and best practices.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Proven analytical and project management skills
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Experience in leading cross functional teams to maximize impact of and fully operationalize new products and feature launches to the entire organization.
- Experience in using analytical tools (Google Analytics, Bing Webmaster Tools, etc.) to derive insights and make data driven decisions.
- Strong experience with ERP systems integration (preferably Microsoft Dynamics) strongly preferred.
- Budgeting skills and experience.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Finance, Business, Computer Science or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in managing an E-commerce mass merchandise sales business.
Applicants only, no third parties or agencies please.