Manifest Solutions is currently seeking a Cognos Architect for a position on an Enterprise Data Warehousing team in Gahanna, Ohio. In this role you will work independently to identify, clarify, resolve and initiate reporting solutions to complex problems that may be unique to the project, process, or organizational unit and require extensive specialized knowledge. These projects will typically be of high risk and high visibility. Responsibilities include analyzing requirements for business process and technology strategy alignment.
The Cognos Reporting Designer/Architect Lead is recognized as the technical and strategic reporting expert and leads the creation of dashboards with actionable insights. Effective visualization and presentation of KPIs/Metrics is a key skill needed for this position.
This position requires expert communication, problem-solving and leadership skills. Also required is an excellent mixture of technical and business skills and the ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Examine and evaluate current business needs, and develops effective reporting solutions.
- Convert knowledge and ideas into new or improved ways of presenting and consuming data to get effective actionable insights.
- Review, evaluate, and recommend optimal ways for finding meaning insights by using effective visualization and other features like drill down/through, etc.
- Ensures alignment to supported technology stack with all provided solutions.
- Use diagrams and mock ups components to help discover, communicate and understand the problem being solved and develop the software solution.
- Formulate actions and processes to support the defined short and long term goals and objectives of the business unit and organization.
- Prepare resource estimates, evaluations, and recommendations.
- Promote continuous improvement within the project team.
- Identify, control and manage the impact of out of scope or additional requirements in the project and the project deliverables.
- Review and approve technology artifacts planned to ensure that the product or services produced are according to specifications, and that they are sufficiently sustainable.
- Demonstrate the highest standards of ethical behavior and support the Company’s Corporate Compliance Policy.
Applicants only, no third parties or agencies please.